BoJo übt Spagat

Boothby, Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 19:56 (vor 1297 Tagen) @ Serious Black

BoJo möchte wohl die ERG bei Laune halten…

On a visit to Northern Ireland yesterday where he met Irish prime minister Micheál Martin, Boris Johnson made the extraordinary claim that there will be no border down the Irish Sea, saying if there is one it will be “over my dead body”. This is widely reported in the local media (here and here) and comes as thousands of his own civil servants are working on implementing a border down the Irish Sea and as the Port of Larne begins work on a border control post.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/is-boris-johnson-losing-the-plot/

Es war von Anfang an vollkommen irre, das von May abgelehnte Withdrawal Agreement abzustauben und mit den Stimmen der ERG durchs Parlament zu boxen. Die warten bislang vergeblich darauf, daß BoJo das Nordirland-Protokoll cancelt.

Von daher wird er sich wohl bald entscheiden müssen: Für Internationales Recht oder die ERG.

@SB

8 Wochen später muss er harte Covid-Maßnahmen (guckst Du hier: https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1317121560319315968 ) mit Brexit-Trash der übleren Sorte umfloren, um seine internen Ultras bei Laune zu halten:

Good morning,

We left the EU on January 31 and delivered on the largest democratic mandate in the history of this country.

And since then we have been in a transition period obeying EU law, paying our fees – as a non-voting member – working on the future relationship we hope to enjoy with our friends and partners from January.

And from the outset we were totally clear that we wanted nothing more complicated than a Canada-style relationship, based on friendship and free trade.

To judge by the latest EU summit in Brussels that won’t work for our EU partners. They want the continued ability to control our legislative freedom, our fisheries, in a way that is obviously unacceptable to an independent country.

And since we have only ten weeks until the end of the transition period on January 1, I have to make a judgment about the likely outcome and to get us all ready.

And given that they have refused to negotiate seriously for much of the last few months, and given that this summit appears explicitly to rule out a Canada-style deal, I have concluded that we should get ready for January 1 with arrangements that are more like Australia’s based on simple principles of global free trade.

And we can do it, because we always knew that there would be change on January 1 whatever type of relationship we had.

And so now is the time for our businesses to get ready, and for hauliers to get ready, and for travellers to get ready.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-brexit-negotiations-16-october-2020

"Australia style" = No deal.

Im Vorübergehen einen englischen Kommentator gespottet, der darauf abstellt, dass BoJo in weniger als 11 Monaten mehr Hass auf seine Person vereinigen konnte als Magret Thatcher in 10 Jahren, was ja auch wieder eine Leistung wäre.

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion